Home Advanced Request Offering

Why will my request not show?

rdurbinrdurbin Member IT Monkey ✭

I am a consultant working on an SCSM implementation leveraging the Cireson portal. I do not have a great amount of experience with implementing or using the portal but have managed to learn a great deal about it in a short amount of time. However... I am working to repair a Service Request Offering that was available for users to consume within the Cireson portal before but they are no longer able to see or access it and I am not sure why. Here are the following facts that I can provide.

• There is a verified user role created that the users experiencing the issue are definitely a part of.
  • There is a catalog group that is selected in the user role's configuration scope
  • The catalog group above is related to the Service Offering object that the Request Offering is part of.

To my knowledge this should be all that is needed for the Request Offering to be seen by the user... I believe I am missing something here possibly in a Cireson specific configuration that enables this object for the user? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The cachebuilder is a Service where the Portal is installed (can be restarted using the Task Manager) - please note - depending on the size of your Installation - this affects the user for a short time (a short delay during the restart)

the browser Cache - this depends on the browser - for MS-Internet Explorer in the Settings: General settings / browser history" and open file location and delete all files there - this is the best way ;)

Answers

Without having further details, but is the catalog containing the RO scoped to a specific language?

what else have been changed on the system ?

• rdurbinrdurbin Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited March 2018

See the attached screen shot for the Cireson portal localization options if that is what you're referring to. If you mean the Service Offering language selection it is not configured. Regarding the what else changed, to my knowledge the only things that were changed was the Active Directory security group that was associated with the User Role that all of this is tied to was changed and they attempted to add a queue to scope the requests to a specific team so that other teams could not see unassigned objects in the "all unassigned" view in the portal, which would have resulted in a management pack update of the containing MP.

User Role Configured, User's security group is definitely added in the users tab and saved... HR Related is selected and saved.

Catalog Group "HR Related" Included member configuration includes "HR Related" Service Offerings

Published Service Offering includes related Request Offering for "User Termination Request" which has a "published" status...

I can see the User Termination Request logged in as my admin account

I still cannot see this request inside of the Cireson portal logged in as a HR user

Is there some kind of additional mapping configuration that I am missing? perhaps in the Cireson - Portal Group Mapping Settings section in SCSM?

regarding the language settings: i was referring to a setting regarding service offerings (they can be scoped by language) - see attached Image.

to be sure, only those users are affected which belong to the changed AD Group ?

did you restart the cache builder ? / empty local browser cache ?

Service Offering Language is not specified. I have not emptied local browser cache or restarted the cache builder. How do I go about doing that?

Answer ✓

The cachebuilder is a Service where the Portal is installed (can be restarted using the Task Manager) - please note - depending on the size of your Installation - this affects the user for a short time (a short delay during the restart)

the browser Cache - this depends on the browser - for MS-Internet Explorer in the Settings: General settings / browser history" and open file location and delete all files there - this is the best way ;)

Roland,

This worked for me, thanks!