Home Analyst Portal

Request was created: null

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Analyst Portal

I'm testing new V5.0 new features and when I do a 2 page SR offering on Save I get Request was created: null.

I modified an exiting offering I had before the upgrade. It is strange because it worked fine yesterday when I had everything on one page.  Any ideas why it errors out?   All other offerings are working fine.

Answers

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/50#/" title="Link: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/50#/">Cireson KA #50 -&nbsp;FAQ: Why Are Users Unable to Submit Requests From the Request Offerings in the Cireson Self-Service Portal?</a><br><br>If you've already done all that.... You may need to check that your connectors are syncing your changes in SCSM, you could potentially disable the AD connector(s) then re-enable them and then run them.<br><br>After that, you could check the Cireson Database and ensure it's syncing over the users correctly. &nbsp;You may even end up having to <a href="https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/" title="Link: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1142#/">get the CacheBuilder to rebuild it</a>.<br>
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    SCSM connectors run every night, just ran them again manually.  All other offering (6 live offerings) work fine just this one fails. I'll restart the cachebuilder tonight when less users access the portal.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is usually when the template has a relationship or value set that the end user does not have permissions to create, which causes the work item creation to fail. 

Test to see if an SCSM administrator can create OK using the request offering, then check the template to see what you have set and remove relationships \ pre-set property values till you find the culprit.

Let me know if you need further assistance and we can troubleshoot in a support ticket.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows I'm still getting null value on Saving. I'm submitting the form as myself which I do have SCSM admin rights. I'll look at the template next.
    K cool cant be permissions then if it fails using a full SCSM admin account.

Also check webconsole.log it should have thrown an error in their as to why it failed. Should give us some more clues.
  • Stephen_CranfieldStephen_Cranfield Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I had same with an ARO.  I had to recreate it to get it to work. I setup the exact same way and it worked fine.   I know that doesn't help to find the route cause but if it's just for one request it might be worth trying to save time.   I had no problems with any other requests.
  • Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We also had the same - We just needed to re-map the 'Multiple Mappings' and it worked fine.
  • Corey_HendersonCorey_Henderson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm having this same issue using an ARO. I'm an admin and haven't had any issues. Other "analysts" can submit this ARO, but others can't. I've verified that the security is setup correctly, and the users have access to the work items in the Service Management DB. What else can I look at?
    edited July 2016
    Some great tips here! Thanks everyone.
    I'm having this same issue using an ARO. I'm an admin and haven't had any issues. Other "analysts" can submit this ARO, but others can't. I've verified that the security is setup correctly, and the users have access to the work items in the Service Management DB. What else can I look at?
    For this one id check webconfig log and see if it has an error about missing permissions for those particular users.

It sounds like a value\relationship on the template is being pre-set that certain users may not have permissions to create, check if you are setting any related items etc on the template. Then slowly strip back the template and test from one of the problem users till you find it.

• Maria_Jose_Cortez_deMaria_Jose_Cortez_de Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have same problem, the service request is created null and I have administrator permission.
    The log of web console is showing the following 

2016-11-25 09:25:18,503,Commit new threw an exception
    2016-11-25 09:25:18,504,System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Cireson.ServiceManager.Services.Projection.<UpdateNewProjectionAsync>d__13.MoveNext()

I created  10 request offering and all showed the same error.

what I can do?  

• Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We've had the same problem, also with administrator accounts. We tried redoing the mappings, but it didn't seem to help. Eventually, I found that it throws the error anytime I try to use Multiple Mappings with an activity that's contained within another activity (either a Parallel Activity or Sequential Activity). Removing the mappings from the child activities worked, but isn't ideal -- we have a bunch of workflows that have parallel tasks, so it'd be really nice to be able to map these properties. 

Has anyone been able to successfully use multiple mapping with those container activities, or is this something that Cireson can easily fix?
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have used container activities with multiple mappings no probs. ?? :-/
  • Dennis_de_JagerDennis_de_Jager Customer IT Monkey ✭
    When I recently upgraded my portal from version 5 to 6.0.3, I had this issue with 2 of my "simple" Request Offerings.
    In the template a service was added as a related configuration item and end users aren't allowed to add that relationship. The strangest thing is that in version 5 this just worked, so Cireson has changed the way it handles permissions. 

So check your templates and check the users permissions.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had the same problem, also with administrator accounts. We tried redoing the mappings, but it didn't seem to help. Eventually, I found that it throws the error anytime I try to use Multiple Mappings with an activity that's contained within another activity (either a Parallel Activity or Sequential Activity). Removing the mappings from the child activities worked, but isn't ideal -- we have a bunch of workflows that have parallel tasks, so it'd be really nice to be able to map these properties. 

Has anyone been able to successfully use multiple mapping with those container activities, or is this something that Cireson can easily fix?
    If you are mapping fields to an activity from within a SR that is created by an RO, have you given End Users the ability to modify activities? To do this, you simply need to create a queue which contains the criteria of all Activities (may need to make multiple for MA, RA, PA and SA) and then assign it to the End User role. 
    This should let Users create/modify activities