Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Custom Form Builder

How about making a Custom Form builder for use with the Cireson Portal. We get alot of requests for forms but using the Authoring tool and Visual Studio are kind of complicated. It would be nice if there was an easier way. 
1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    There is plenty of documentation on how to customize forms in the Cireson portal and all of this can be done without visual studio.

You will need the authoring tool to create the management pack to extend the class and import into SCSM, from there you can just customize the default Cireson form with your class extension where needed.

https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51#/

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    For extending the class (i.e. adding new fields):  You have additional options as well.  They are not necessarily better or worse, but different.

If you use Visual Studio, there is a free extension from Microsoft called Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE).  It is essentially an XML editor with snippets that help get you started and pointed in the right direction.  This can appear to be much more intimidating that working with the Authoring Tool, and is certainly not for everyone.  However, I have personally had more success training people who are new to Service Manager and the concept of a management pack to use this tool instead of the Authoring Tool.

The authoring tool and VSAE both generate an XML management pack and push it to Service Manager when you are done, but take a different route to get there.
  • John_BeasleyJohn_Beasley Customer IT Monkey ✭
    With all do respect, I understand that there is a lot of information about how to do things with the Cireson Portal. I was looking at something for someone that doesn't have a lot of programming experience. The whole type projections and things can be intimidating to some. There isn't a great tutorial that really explains how these work and what to do step by step. I have watched countless videos and read tons of blogs and I don't see anything that can help someone that doesn't have experience with XAML or programming. I was suggesting something a little easier. This is why a lot of people drop the use of Service Manager and move to other platforms.