Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Add "Created By" field within Work Item Search criteria

Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Currently the "Created By" field is missing within the Work Item Search page.
It does not appear under "All Work Items" or under any other work item type.
This is a common field that we need to search against. In our case "Affected User" is not adequate for such searches.
Please add in this field so that it can be used for searching.
Cheers,
Adrian
23 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I was very surprised today to find that this wasn't available in the My Work, Team Work or Active Work views. I'd like to see it added as an available column in those views as well as the Work Item Search.
  • Options
    Paul_DalkinPaul_Dalkin Member IT Monkey ✭
    This would also be great for our analyst reporting so they can quickly see how many work items they have created in the past day/week/month etc.
  • Options
    Lori_BrownLori_Brown Customer IT Monkey ✭
    It's crazy that this doesn't already exist.  We work around it with reports, but created by is a common field by which to look tickets up.
  • Options
    Calandra_LakeCalandra_Lake Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'm still surprised that this hasn't been added. I'm glad to know though that others see this as one of the most common fields an analyst would want to search on. It truly feels like a "missing" field.

• Options
    Peter_MuttenthalerPeter_Muttenthaler Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Did you already have tested the "new" global search for the analysts?

I think the created by info should be available there

• Options
    Calandra_LakeCalandra_Lake Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the info.  I will tinker with the global search and try that as a work around for it not being a part of the normal search function.  Thanks again!

• Options
    Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Adrian_Paech

Thanks for raising this feature request, and this question is open ended to others to but I would like to get a good understanding on what the ideal solution to this would be.

Would you say for example want to have CreatedByUser available in the dropdown on a workitem search?

And then would you like it to be available in the grid?

If the answer to these is yes, then what is the use case for them, are you trying to create saved search widgets or just looking at the data you have?

If the answer is no or not quite, could you please explain what an ideal solution might look like.

Thanks,

Shane