Home Analyst Portal

Changed icons to Service Offerings - now only icons appear on Portal Home

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
Thought I'd get fancy and change the default icons for two Service Offerings we have. Now the Service Offerings only show as icons. They're the SCSM 32 x 32 icons from the server. Any ideas how to get things back to at least the default view?

Answers

• Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd get fancy and change the default icons for two Service Offerings we have. Now the Service Offerings only show as icons. They're the SCSM 32 x 32 icons from the server. Any ideas how to get things back to at least the default view?

Hey Sandy, which method did you use to change the icons? Did you replace the stock icons with new ones and delete the stock ones? 
  • Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello Matt,

I edited the Offering in SCSM and Browsed to a new icon. Since posting this, I discovered what I believe to be the default icon for SCSM, @TileEmpty1x1Image.png that when applied puts it back to the default and looks like it was before.

• Matt_MedleyMatt_Medley Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hello Matt,

I edited the Offering in SCSM and Browsed to a new icon. Since posting this, I discovered what I believe to be the default icon for SCSM, @TileEmpty1x1Image.png that when applied puts it back to the default and looks like it was before.

Were the icons you were trying to use the same image format? .png?

Yes, they were the default SCSM Incident icons. I think I need to rethink my Portal Home layout to accommodate the sizes.

BTW - can I install an instances of the Self-Service portal on the same server that I have the Analyst Portal?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sandy_Wood - you don't need to install two instances.  One portal installation covers both.

Justin,

I'm interested in what exactly the Team Centric Views entail. I'd like to be able to show specific things to the Help Desk, or Networking or General Users.

edited March 2018
    @Sandy_Wood
    If you set up your Portal Group Mappings in the console, the Team Work section will show Work Items assigned to your Support Group.
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1103#/

OK, I see what Team Centric is getting at. We're already doing that currently for our Work Items. What I'd really like to do is some sort of security-stripping on the Home page. For example, I would love to be able to not show general users knowledge articles about SQL servers or Active Directory. I'm guessing this is really more of a SCSM issue that I'll need to explore with our Microsoft folks.

Thanks for clarifying things!

@Sandy_Wood
    You can leave the articles you don't want your end users to see in 'Draft' status.  They'll still show up for members of the Knowledge Managers group in searches, but won't appear on the Home page.
    Good tip! Thanks.