Home SMA Connector
Options

Send WorkItem ID as parameter to SMA

Lasse_Strand_RingvolLasse_Strand_Ringvol Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi

Is it possible to send the WorkItem ID as a parameter to SMA the same way we can with the orchestrator connector?
See this image for clarification: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/713038.

I took a look at the activity xml generated for the SMA-activity and tried to set it there:
<Property Path="$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_Connectors_SMAConnector_Library!System.WorkItem.Activity.SMARunbookActivity']/Text2$">$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$</Property>
But that did not work. Any Ideas? Regards, Lasse

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why set it to one of the text fields? I only ask because...what I've generally done is create a parameter in the SMA runbook called "$smaRBID" and then in the SMA template in SCSM, set the ID field equal to this parameter. Then regardless of how I use the Service Request or Request Offering template I know this ID will always instantiate correctly (as opposed to passing it through some other means). My rationale is that since the RB ID is always going to exist at time of creation, there isn't a need to consume an extra input/pass it through another means.

I hope I haven't completely missed your question?