Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

True Control Center - Unable to open the "Remote Manage" pane

2»

Comments

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Great, thanks.
  • Anders_EllefsenAnders_Ellefsen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm still having issues with this here in Norway, after installing v3.0.6 Getting a 404 when trying to choose Remote Manage

Inspect info from Chrome: 
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    %3C%=WebResource(%22Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Common.Menu.RoundedShadowRight.png%22)%%3E Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    2/platform/api/Cireson_ConfigurationManager_Portal_Core_Models_ConfigurationManager_CmResource?$filter=ResourceId%20eq%2016779799&$select=Id Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /platform/api/Cireson_ConfigurationManager_Portal_Core_Models_ConfigurationManager_CmResource?$filter=ResourceId%20eq%2016779648&$select=Id Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

From PlatformLog:
    GroupID = 24;
    Index = 24;
    IPEnabled = 0;
    ResourceID = 16778992;
    RevisionID = 2;
    ServiceName = "usb_rndisx";
    TimeStamp = "20170325144450.000000+***";
    };
    Main Critical 2018-03-19T10:19:52.9073897+01:00: Unable to map type of 'Cireson.ConfigurationManager.Portal.Core.Models.ConfigurationManager.CmNetworkAdapterConfiguration'.  The type has a foreign key which cannot be null.  This instance will not be saved to the database.  Data: 
    instance of SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION
    {
    DHCPEnabled = 0;

I'm still having issues with this here in Norway, after installing v3.0.6 Getting a 404 when trying to choose Remote Manage

Inspect info from Chrome: 
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    %3C%=WebResource(%22Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Common.Menu.RoundedShadowRight.png%22)%%3E Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
    2/platform/api/Cireson_ConfigurationManager_Portal_Core_Models_ConfigurationManager_CmResource?$filter=ResourceId%20eq%2016779799&$select=Id Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    /platform/api/Cireson_ConfigurationManager_Portal_Core_Models_ConfigurationManager_CmResource?$filter=ResourceId%20eq%2016779648&$select=Id Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

From PlatformLog:
    GroupID = 24;
    Index = 24;
    IPEnabled = 0;
    ResourceID = 16778992;
    RevisionID = 2;
    ServiceName = "usb_rndisx";
    TimeStamp = "20170325144450.000000+***";
    };
    Main Critical 2018-03-19T10:19:52.9073897+01:00: Unable to map type of 'Cireson.ConfigurationManager.Portal.Core.Models.ConfigurationManager.CmNetworkAdapterConfiguration'.  The type has a foreign key which cannot be null.  This instance will not be saved to the database.  Data: 
    instance of SMS_G_System_NETWORK_ADAPTER_CONFIGURATION
    {
    DHCPEnabled = 0;

You'll want to make sure you can access the Cireson platform service. To do that try access the server via the IP address in the URL and go to the /platform/api endpoint and see what result you get. Most likely this is related to your bindings in IIS not matching the platform configuration.

HTTP://<ipaddress>/platform/api

Do this from both the server directly and from a remote client and see what your result is.
  • Anders_EllefsenAnders_Ellefsen Customer IT Monkey ✭

You'll want to make sure you can access the Cireson platform service. To do that try access the server via the IP address in the URL and go to the /platform/api endpoint and see what result you get. Most likely this is related to your bindings in IIS not matching the platform configuration.

HTTP://<ipaddress>/platform/api

Do this from both the server directly and from a remote client and see what your result is.
    As far as I can see, this then resolves to the Default Web Site where we have the Application Catalog. While TrueCC is on a hostname cmportal.host.no and we also have a WSUS Administration web site on that server (But not using the same bindings).
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

As far as I can see, this then resolves to the Default Web Site where we have the Application Catalog. While TrueCC is on a hostname cmportal.host.no and we also have a WSUS Administration web site on that server (But not using the same bindings).
    Hi Anders,  Can we set some time aside this week (Wednesday or Friday) to look at this together?  I'm based in the UK and can pull in local dev support if needed as well.  Could you send me a private message with your contact details if that works?

Thanks,
    Davis

• Bryan_TaylorBryan_Taylor Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited March 2018

Sorry for the delayed response @seth_coussens. We had a few high priority incidents last week and I'm finally just now getting caught up.

I was able to install 3.0.6 of True Control Center and can confirm that we are still having problems with IE and Edge; Chrome continues to work as expected.

TCC was not done as an in-place upgrade of the CMP, so there was no existing DB or settings in the upgrade scenario. Additionally, as part of the troubleshooting for 3.0.4 I completely removed TCC from the system and wiped out the directories pertaining to CMP/TCC, including the AppData folders for the installation account.

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are still having an issue, please look at upgrading to 3.1.1 of CCC 

There are a number of fixes that have been published: https://docs.cireson.com/articles/#!true-control-center-installation-guide/3-1-1
  • Bryan_TaylorBryan_Taylor Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We have upgraded to version 3.1.1 and while a majority of our issues have been resolved, we are still experiencing problems. I seem to get more responses and activity here than on my ticket, so here is an update...

We upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.1.0, which caused some issues. We were asked to upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 which apparently had known issues during the upgrade and completely hosed our environment. Talking to Mike and Seth at the 2018 Midwest Management Summit, we attempted to run some SQL scripts which did not resolve the issue; I decided to bite the bullet and do my 5th reinstallation of the TCC since version 3.0 released. We now have 3.1.1 up and running, but none of our systems are allowing us to utilize the remote management tools as the "client is unavailable" on all of our systems; the clients are healthy according to TCC and ConfigMgr. We are seeing errors in our platform host log, which I have included in an ongoing ticket, and my technicians are unable to modify collection membership even though their accounts can modify them within the ConfigMgr console.

I've requested some time with the technicians assigned to my incident, however I have not received an invite for a discussion any of the times I have requested them. I need to get this tool up and running properly, as it is now starting to delay projects and the stakeholders are getting tired of being told "I have a support ticket open".

• Michael_AidinovichMichael_Aidinovich Cireson Solution Architect Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Bryan,

Reaching out to you via email to schedule a remote troubleshooting session.  

Thanks,
    Mike 
    Thanks, Mike, @Bryan_Taylor I'll be on that call as well. I'm sure we can get this ironed out for you. As you realize connecting to multiple machines in the environment across WMI has its challenges, which is how we are doing it today. Usually, it just takes a few configuration tweaks to resolve the remote manage issues and get things humming along!