Home Service Manager

Creating Enumerated List MPs

Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is there any definitive instructions for creating enumerated list MPs in Service Manager for use in SROs?

I've attempted to follow the steps in the following URL and can do most steps Step 5 - Authoring, but it seems to be missing other steps in making the MPs workable within my SROs. That or I'm missing something myself in the process.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/manageabilityguys/2013/05/03/creating-service-manager-lists-with-the-service-manager-list-maker-tool/

I initially create my unsealed MPs using the SCSM MakeEnum List Maker tool.

I want to make a single MP containing multiple enumerated lists with the following information:

* Position Title
* Start Times (Mon-Fri) - Starts @ 7:00AM with 15min increments to 6:00PM
* Finish Times (Mon-Fri) - Starts @ 10:00AM with 15min increments to 9:00PM
* Start Times (Sat) - Starts @ 7:00AM with 15min increments to 3:00PM
* Finish Times (Sat) - Starts @ 10:00AM with 15min increments to 6:00PM
* Start Times (Sun) - Starts @ 9:00AM with 15min increments to 3:00PM
* Finish Times (Sun) - Starts @ 12:00PM with 15min increments to 6:00PM

I can see the lists in my Library>Lists and I add list items accordingly, but when I do add a Enum List control to my SRO, the list is blank and/or I don't have an available option to map it to in Map Prompts when editing the SRO in the Advanced RO Builder.

Best Answer

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the list can't be mapped is because you must extend a Work Item class to then reference this new list. The List Maker has the advantage of created a List that isn't dependent on a specific Work Item class, but instead can be referenced by many Work Item classes.
  • Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Adam.

I was successfully able to extend the class of the work item as per the process in the URL, but I still have an empty list in my SRO.

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

It's possible it's a bug with Cireson ARO but I can't say for certain without some further testing or unless someone from Cireson could provide some instant insight?
  • Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Pretty sure there isn't an issue with the SSP itself.

It's more to do with the process I'm following to create and implement the MPs.