Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Add more criteria types for Advanced Request Offerings

Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Within Advanced Request Offerings (ARO) it would be useful to have criteria types other than "Equals" and "Does Not Equal".
Often groups or users that exist in query results have a naming convention that could be used to select a given type of group - such as "DL - Social Club" "DL - IT Support" for Distribution Lists.
88 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This has been released with v11.1 of the portal. https://cireson.com/blog/cireson-portal-for-scsm-v11-1-release/

Comments

• Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Also in addition to this, It would be fantastic if the criteria would allow criteria types such as "IsNull" and "IsNotNull" so that, if the user has selected an option in an Enum List or Query List (or not selected an option), certain fields can be displayed.

This would be useful in circumstances where you have 100's or 1000s of entries in an "Optional" Enum or Query List, and you want to be able to display other fields, "if" they happen to select one or more of those entries.

An example of where this could be used, would be two drop down boxes, one showing a list of available "Pre-Approved" software to deploy, and another separate drop down box showing a list of available "Licenced" Software. Depending on which box they select, we want different fields / questions to be asked.

Cheers,

Adrian 

edited October 2016

As I have been working through larger, more complex request offerings, I have come up with a couple of other other nice to haves, which probably best relate to this feature request, rather than creating a separate one.

Including:

Display / Hide request form tabs based on criteria. (so that you can hide/show tabs, not just fields within tabs)

and

Allow for AND / OR operations, so that you can allow for fields to be displayed based on multiple test values. e.g.: Show 'Field' If: Action Required = 'Purchase' or Checkbox X = 'True'  

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

We've had a few cases for multiple values to be tested. I.e. Prompt 1 equals "x" or "y".

For example, I want an account for a system and there are multiple account types. If I select "User" or "Read Only", I don't want to show any additional prompts, but if I select "Admin" or "Super User", I want to show another prompt for justification.

This can be achieved by adding another prompt and grouping the types ("User / Read Only" or "Admin / Super User"), but it's not an elegant solution.

Hey Leigh, 
    i had to do exactly the same thing in 4 or 5 cases (create duplicate prompts).. not ideal, but agreed, this works around the issue.
    Cheers,
    Adrian
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'd like to see similar smart function logic functionality to that of Woofu forms.
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
     It also seems when you use DOES NOT EQUALS say Role=Dev, if you have 3 other choices, it also includes blank/no selection, meaning it will still show the prompt even when nothing has been selected.
    A workaround was to use Layout Pages. As long as there's no dependent conditions on prompts, we:
    • Page 1 -Account prompt drop down list with (admin, analyst, manager) = does not equal 'role dev', (dev)=does equal 'role Dev'
    • Page 2 - Next page we have the Role prompts (2 of them). By having it on the next page, the Role prompt for (admin, analyst, manager) won't show (because it will as it shows when nothing is selected) until you go the next page.

• Ryan_KennedyRyan_Kennedy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Any news on this Feature Request? It would be great to be implemented!
  • sahardid_abdillahisahardid_abdillahi Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm also quite curious on the development of this feature. It is becoming quite cumbersome to add 25 extra prompts or make another extension due to a lack a strings.
  • Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Any updates please? I have a form with a question to select quantity. Ideally I'd like to hide the quantity unless someone selects something in the earlier question.  So an IS NULL option would be nice.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Something for allowing multiple answers (i.e. from a list value) before deciding whether to show a question would be great. It's becoming quite limiting for complex forms where you can only have a one to one question mapping
    A good idea that probably needs a few more votes.

It would be nice if you had more options to show/hide questions in the layout section. For example, when you try to show/hide questions based on catalog items you can only select the catalog item name. These change all the time so it would be nice if it was based on the catalog item type.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Is this still in review? or do we have an update to what is happening?
  • Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great question.
    Let me follow up with the Dev team and see if this has made it to the road map yet.
    I know there are a lot of cool things coming so not sure if this made the list or not.

Stay tuned.

Any timescales for this? We have been considering upgrading this area to get CRs. Would be good to understand what is coming in this area.

It would be good if the Advanced Request Offerings allowed you to map data to all the fields available on templates for CRs e.g. scheduled/actual start/end dates and also have the option to map data to the assigned to field.

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

would love the ability to AND & OR multiple criteria in ARO layout hide/show logic.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chris_Chekaluk1

I know this thread might seem old but we are always keeping an eye on the community and adding ideas to the road map.

This particular feature has been accepted and is on the road-map, but the timing and prioritization of work is always in flux depending on what's going on.

So while this feature wont arrive soon, it is certainly on the board.... Watch this space.

• Chris_Chekaluk1Chris_Chekaluk1 Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Brett_Moffett : Thanks for the update & am glad to hear that it's been accepted & is on the roadmap. Best wishes to you!

• Simon_ZeinhoferSimon_Zeinhofer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_Dzyacky Works fine, but as soon as extension fields from a class are used, a xml error is received everytime the layout option for that prompt is opened - this happens as soon as the advance query is saved in the aro builder and then the console gets restarted. If you then save the advance query from new, it works in all others as well - just until the next console restart. I also edited an xml which contains an advance query because I needed more or/and logic in my query result picker, and then the advance query did not work at all + I got error messages in my webconsole log.

With non-extension fields it works well. The Advance Query is rly rly amazing, but it seems to be bugged still.