Home Analyst Portal

What to do when a manual Activity in Pending does not move to In Progress ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi, I have a SR with a number of manual activities. The next activity remains in Pending state although the previous one is already Completed. Do I need to restart something to get it going again ? I've already refreshed multiple times.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best first place to start is probably to stop the SCSM Services(OMSDK, OMCFG, HealthService) and rename the Health Service State folder at C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager and then restart the SCSM services.

@James_Atance has a tool here that now includes a button that does all that in one click.
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Which button is that ? Wouldn't want to click the wrong one...
    On the SCSM tab, there's a 'Reset Local Health Store' button.
    I want to do it manually for the moment. I do not find these services to be running. Is that on the management server ?
    Yes.  The services should be on the Management Server.
    I'm new to this, sorry. I don't see the OMSDK, OMCFG, HealthService services in the services list
    I'm sorry.  You're looking for System Center Data Access Service, System Center Management Configuration, and Microsoft Monitoring Agent.
    Thanks for your time and effort Justin. I did what you suggested with the services and renamed the folder. A new folder Health Service State was created. So far, the SR activity is still pending. Do I need to do something more to kickstart it ? Is there a maximum number of manual activities in a SR ?
    There may be another workflow that's hung up somewhere else.  Here's some good workflow troubleshooting info:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2009/12/21/troubleshooting-workflows-in-service-manager/