Home Analyst Portal

In the Cireson Portal for Service Manager, how do we know 'who' created a Knowledge Entry?

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
In the Cireson Portal for Service Manager, how do we know 'who' created a Knowledge Entry?

We have been using the 'owner' field for who owns the content and who needs to approve changes made to it, what I'm looking for is who created the article, who last modified it, etc.   Is this information available?

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its available in the database
    This should get you going
    select
    KBA.ArticleID as ID,
    KBA.Title as Title,
    UCreate.DisplayName as Createdby,
    UModify.DisplayName as Modifyedby
    from KnowledgeArticle KBA
    INNER JOIN CI$User UCreate ON KBA.CreatedBy = UCreate.Id
    INNER JOIN CI$User UModify ON KBA.LastModifiedBy = UModify.Id

• Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hmm, my Knowledge managers don't have access to the database.  Is this a "Feature Request" to add a "Created By" entry on the KB article?

Thanks for the information on how to get the information though, that is helpful.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use a Sal widget to build a page, just don't know if the linking will work.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_Wiest is right.  You can use a SQL Table widget in the portal with the query he posted and it will tell you who created the KB article.  You can restrict access to the page the Widget is on based on group membership.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today, the linking in a SQL Table widget will not work for anything but a work item.  I wrote custom code for that, but look forward to the day when it is no longer needed.  Here is the link if you think you could use it: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/3582/dashboard-tables-open-items-other-than-work-items#latest

I have found a couple other bugs and squashed them since the last version I uploaded, so there will be another update soon.  (Bug example: clicking to expand/collapse a group tries and fails to open an item instead of expanding/collapsing.)

It seems like the OData Table widgets do link back to the proper items, but so far only the Asset Management classes can be found in the OData endpoint.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks - This is a great solution for non-Work Item grids!