Home Analyst Portal

Deleting an AD user from CI$User

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
I'm struggling with an issue where a user who is a member of the Portal Analyst AD group is not getting the New button on his portal.

I've run this and it indeed shows '0' for Analyst.

Use ServiceManagement

SELECT Analyst,AssetManager,KnowledgeManager,Username,DistinguishedName

FROM CI$User

WHERE UserName = 'username'

I've resynched AD, restarted CacheBuilder, still no go. I turned on ALL in CacheBuilder and found that the user is indeed in the proper group. My next though was to delete him from the CI$User table in hopes that might yield something. Has anyone done this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the note back on my question. I'll give it a try - at this point I need to try everything!

I've verified my guy is a member of the analyst group specified in Settings Items. His Distinguished name in AD matches the Distinguished name in their CI. This one really has me stumped. I don't suppose there's anyway to force the Analyst role in the database. I'm guessing it will just get reset the next sync.

I've got a support case open to see if there's something else I might do. Funny that this just started happening right after upgrading the portal.

May have stumbled onto the issue. There were two entries for my user in CI$Users. One with Analyst 1, one with Analyst 0. I just deleted them both and am synching AD. We'll see how it goes.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'll do it!

Well, I'm almost there. I deleted the two entries for my user and then restarted Cache Builder. Now I'm getting this in the log

2018-04-04 15:12:57,609, WARN  [   5]:  cn=<my user> is a member of cn=<his groups>, but does not exist in the database.

I've rerun SCSM AD sync twice. Should I just be patient on this?

Did exactly as you suggested, and my user is finally an Analyst! I ran across your suggestion from a KB post somewhere on the site referring to how to 'rebuild' the user db. It seemed that no matter how many times I restarted CacheBuilder nothing changed until I truncated the LastModified table. (You did mention that way back up this thread and I completely ignored it. Gotta pay attention.)

Thanks again!

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's working!
    Me too!