Home Service Manager

Recurring Notification Subscription

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have a recurring subscription setup to remind a support group that an IR is unassigned. The notification is working fine except for one problem, the first notification sends immediately once the ticket is created or assigned to a new support group. I am trying to figure out a way to get it to not send the first notification and send the first notification after a certain period of time. In this case my recurrence is every 10 minutes. I can't find a criteria option that will allow the recurring notification to still function, while not sending a notification within the first 60 seconds. I'm looking for something that allows me to say something like "assigned user field is empty for 10 minutes"

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND LastModified > [now+10m]  ?
  • Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I tried a variation on that, but let me see if that one specifically works.
    I tried the [now+10m] and it stopped the notifications all together. As soon as I removed that criteria the notification came up.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been reading along as someone with the same need but who has not had time to tackle it yet. 

Shouldn't it be LastModified < [now+10m] ?

That way, it will only trigger if the last update was more than 10 minutes ago?  That way, as my thinking goes, it would not trigger on creation because the criteria would not be met, but it could trigger later on?

I have not tried this, so I could very well be wrong.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just played with this a bit.  I can't get it to skip the initial notification either.  
    Yeah I had the same result with > and <. Frustrating how it seems like such a simple thing to do, but the parts you need with the correct language are not easy to find. I am running this on SCSM 2012 if it matters. Haven't gotten to 2016 yet.