Home Analyst Portal
Options

I have created a new service offering but its not being shown in portal.

James_PalmerJames_Palmer Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

I have created a new service offering but its not being shown in the portal to users, all analysts can see the service offering though.

Thoughts please?

Thanks

James

Answers

• Options
    Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

maybe the wrong ad group is used - or if new ad groups - replication is not finished (restart Cache builder)

do the users use the same language as analysts ?

sometimes deleting the browser cache (deleting files !) could also help.

regards

Roland

• Options

Hi Roland,

I have tried restarting cache builder and finally resorted to restarting the server, but they do not show for end users?

I have attached 2 photos - one that the analysts sees and the other the end user see's, the service offering in question is Starnet / Sharepoint

Cheers

james

• Options

Hi James,

this was a similiar issue: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/13344#Comment_13344

It looks like, that end-users can see other offerings (e.g. Service request ...) - Have you checked the difference to the new one (AD Groups etc.) ?

if the problem persists - the cachebuilder creates a logfile (in the bin\logs folder of the portal) - please check the log file for errors.

regards

Roland

• Options

Hi,

Hi Roland,

Just checked the end user catalog settings and they are correct, along with language I think that's about it see screenshots.

What about the "published by" person, as the one for this is my personal login, whereas the other 2 are my server login and my colleagues personal user account?

Theres nothing in the logs apart from errors back on the 20th March due to windows updates I have attached the file.

Further thoughts?

Thanks

james

• Options

Hi

just to be sure - the catalog group "All User Request ..." contains the proper service offering and all other settings are the same as in the "working" offering ?

one idea might be: increasing the logging level of the cachebuilder may help us ..

for the cachebuilder, there is an associated config file ... which contains the following section:

<logger name="Logger">
          <!-- LEVELS: ALL, DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL-->
          <!-- Suggested for debugging: INFO -->
          <!-- Suggested for production: WARN -->
          <level value="ERROR" />
          <appender-ref ref="ConsoleAppender" />
          <appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
          <appender-ref ref="EventLogAppender" />
        </logger>

change this temporary to "DEBUG or ALL" - maybe we get some additional info.

some time ago I had a strange behavior with list entries / enumerations replication which failed.

regards

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also check which AD group you have targeted for your custom end user role - you cannot use authentication users. Must be an AD group and that AD group must be synced to SCSM from your AD connector (Check for the group in the console -> Configuration Items -> Users).
  • Options

Just checked the catalog group for the users and saw that the service offering wasn't in there!

I had forgotten or just hadn't realised that was something else we needed to do.

Many thanks for your help.