Home Notify Analyst
Options

Notify Analyst - Email distribution group/specific mailbox

Brett_DalyBrett_Daly Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is it possible to use the Notify Analyst to email a distribution group or a specific mailbox instead of each individual member of the support group?

For example, when the support group of a SR, CR and/or MA change, email the distribution group "HelpDesk" instead of listing the 15 members of the support group individually on the email?

We have some support groups that contain users that do not want the notifications and some support groups that want the emails sent to a shared inbox instead of the individuals.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Brett_DalyBrett_Daly Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Sorry for my delay on this issue, I am finally getting around to testing this functionality and I can't seem to get it working.  I am not sure what you mean by listing the distribution group instead of the individual member names?  I have tried a couple of things and am still seeing the app send emails to the individual members.

1.  Created the AD group as a distribution group and added the individual members as members of the dist group.

2.  Created the AD group as a distribution group and added another distribution group as a member.

Each time when an incident was created it did not send the email to the distribution group address but to each individual member of the dist group.

I am also struggling to find install/set up instructions for the Notify Analyst app.  I used the Install: Notify Analyst KB updated on 12/1/2017 which explains the support group and AD group names have to match exactly and I should provide a prefix for the group in the general settings.  However, in my case it looks like it's using the Console App Tier Mappings to find the corresponding AD group?