Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Markdown Support for Knowledge Base Articles

I'm sure it's more difficult than I'd expect, but having Markdown support in the KB articles would be an absolutely awesome piece of functionality. I've been writing personal KB articles in markdown for a while and every time I post them to the portal, I have to mess with the formatting and get it looking correct. 
6 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is more of an issue for me lately. I write so much in MD files because it's easy to get my thoughts down, I'm already in VS Code for other tasks, and I can keep all of my technical doco in the one Git repo.

When I start messing with Knowledge Articles and Word documents, I find myself more concerned with the style than the content and end up less productive.

Surely this is a compelling reason to use MarkDown for Knowledge Articles.

In the meantime, perhaps there's somebody with enough motivation out there to design a MarkDown to Cireson Knowledge Article script...
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the one item I briefly communicated with Travis Wright about when he was still with Cireson.  At the time, he said no.  :(

But this is a new era, right?  Markdown makes a lot of sense, especially recently.  Having it would make a lot of people very happy around here.
  • Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I just implemented a few KBs and was driven almost to a state of insanity with the formatting as while it looked great while editing, upon saving it was awful. Text sizes did not show correctly and formatting was off. I did edit the code to make it look better but the amount of time wasted did not make me a happy camper.