Home Analytics

Filter Data on SQL Widgets other options

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Currently there is the @createdFilter option. 
Are we limited to just this option or can we create more?

Best Answers

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options based on other enumerations

support group
    resolution category
    classification
    priority
    impact
    to just run off a few
  • Chris_StelzerChris_Stelzer Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Totally agree with Brian here, these are the most common types of slicing my users want to do within cube based reports in Excel. Would make total sense to introduce these other options to assist with this.
  • Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It would be really great if there is a possibility to set additional SQL variables which can be used as a filter - similiar to @UserId or @IsScoped . e.g. define  @filter variable in the JQuery call like as 

$.getJSON('/api/v3/Dashboard/GetDashboardDataById',
       {
       "dateFilterType": "NoFilter",
       "queryId": "1FE7DECA-XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ-1F7EF7604D62"   
       "customerVariables":   { list of varname: varvalue}   
       },

or

Changing  the "/Dashboard/GetDashboardQueryData" API call from "get" to "post" allowing that a comprehensive SQL query can be submitted ;) - in this case you can define whatever variable you need ;)

• Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    @Geoff_Ross thats great :-) thanks a lot for the update !
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Add this in the UI for the Dashboard widgets, with the option to have it visible or not. For example if I want to filter by "This Month" but I do not want the user to change it, I'd set it in the widget properties and keep it invisible. Same applies to the other requested slicers. This would make it easy to have a generic SQL Query that is then used with different filters on different Dashboard pages.
  • Zackary_SlatesZackary_Slates Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Geoff_Ross
    I love the Idea, but am new an not familiar on where exactly to put the javascript. Can you explain that part a little more in detail?
    Thank you in advance.
    Zack
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Following the thread as we would like to do this for creating custom Analytics and Dashboard pages, or have the ability for users to put filters on them like other views.