Home Analyst Portal

Problem Installation Always On with Cireson System Center Service Manager Portal

Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hello,

we want to installed our new productive environment on a Server who is part of an Availability Group. After Failover the database is not reachable via web console. The following error message occurs.

Error accessing SQL Database: Server=db-uklac202;Database=ServiceManagement;Trusted_Connection=True; Error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The target database, 'ServiceManagement', is participating in an availability group and is currently not accessible for queries. Either data movement is suspended or the availability replica is not enabled for read access. To allow read-only access to this and other databases in the availability group, enable read access to one or more secondary availability replicas in the group. For more information, see the ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP statement in SQL Server Books Online.

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Cireson.ServiceManager.DAL.Database.<ReadFromStoredProcedure>d__31`1.MoveNext()

ClientConnectionId:90bd4a28-f2cb-45ff-a4ae-7eeaf48f8e1f

Error Number:976,State:1,Class:14

Could anyone help, please?

Regards Margret

Best Answers

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server=db-uklac202
    Is this your listener or one of the nodes?
  • Margarete_JussenMargarete_Jussen Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    One of the nodes.
    I installed the Service Management Database while the Service Manager Database was already in the AG. Was that already a fault?
    In the install wizard the Name of my listener was not found. I try it now with the ip-adress of my listener. Maybe it works.
    Ok. I thought this might not be. Thank you very much I will try again.