Home Analyst Portal

Creating a Change Request from an Incident

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Is there any way to create a Change Request while in an Incident? I don't see it in the Portal. In the SCSM console you can create a Change Request from an Incident from what I can see.

Best Answer

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sandy_Wood
    Can you use the +New button in the lower left hand corner?
  • Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the note back on my question! We realize we can use the +New button to create CR but I was hoping there was a similar way to do this in the Portal as you can do in the SCSM console. I had a colleague ask about it today and it was the first time I'd had that question. We had an Incident where a user could not hit a specific site and it required a change in our firewall. We thought it would be nice to create a CR on the fly in the Incident somehow.

Actually, we're just lazy admins!

• Bryan_McClellanBryan_McClellan Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited May 2018
    As core functionality in the SCSM console under the IR tasks pane I think this is something that should be in the portal. Almost all incidents in our case require a CR to correct. Some kind of change to mitigate or resolve the incident. I mean there is a Resolved by CR resolution category. Auto relating them to the IR seems essential.

And the community download for the related CR does not work. First it doesnt work at all in IE and in chrome it will create the related CR but does so in the background without bringing the CR to the front for editing so you end up with a blank related CR.