Home Outlook Console

Calendars not working in Outlook Addin?

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Is anybody else having trouble loading the Calendars in the Outlook addin?  The Change calendar is just a white window with no content, and the Release and Scheduled calendars generate the following error:

Nothing of any interest or obvious relation appears in the event logs.

I have .Net 4 (multiple flavors), VSTO 2010 runtime, installed on Windows 10 with Office 2016.  The Service Manager console is installed locally, but the DLL's for a no-console install are also copied into the add-in folder because I am testing this package for wider distribution.  Other functions of the add-in work perfectly well.  I have also seen identical behavior when connected to each of my SCSM environments.

This has worked in the past, but not lately.  Unfortunately, I have not been paying close enough attention to pinpoint what else might have changed that could be a contributing factor.

I will submit an Incident for this if needed, but I want to be sure that I am not missing something, first.

Best Answers

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this error when the Management pack installed in the console is a different version then installed in Outlook. Make sure you have the latest MP installed and Outlook plugin upgraded.
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Seconding what @Brian_Wiestjust mentioned. You will want to ensure your console apps are up-to-date as well as the console licensing app itself. Are there any additional errors in the event viewer logs?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing at all in the event logs on the client.  I did not notice anything on the server pertaining to the Outlook addin, either.

The MP version (7.6.2016.169) matches the version installed in outlook.  Although I was positive that the version of the add-in matched, I uninstalled, downloaded a new copy and reinstalled it, but nothing has changed.

Anything else to rule out / investigate?
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another piece to review. I found that some of my console users were updating the dates on the Release records for Actual times. This was causing the console to crash. Check your release records for any incorrect dates. 
    Thanks for providing another data point to check, @Brian_Wiest.  This one does not apply, however, since we do not have any RR tickets.  I have the Release calendar installed because there was some discussion that we may someday use the RR tickets instead of our current process.

If I could get the Change calendar working, I would consider this a win.

As an FYI, I also tried removing the SCSM DLL files from the install folder, since I have the console installed locally, but it has had no discernible effect.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Console App installed for Change Calendar? Is that one also up to date?
    Yes and yes.  I downloaded it again just to be sure I didn't forget to copy a DLL, but this is an MPB-only app.

This one has me really stumped.
  • Tray_DanielsTray_Daniels Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have just recently installed the Change Calendar and it is working fine, however I only get a blank screen from the Outlook Add-Inn, is this still an issue?  How can I resolve this?
    I am also still seeing this.  Nothing about it was resolved with the most recent update to the Outlook addin, unfortunately.
    Much appreciated.  It is good to see the list of issues getting smaller.  It is a great tool at its core!