Home Notify Analyst

Notify Analyst - remind Domain Users?

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
I know Notify Analyst is meant to notify analysts of SCSM of outstanding work items, but is there some drawback I'm not thinking of by setting it to Domain Users? I ask because I'm trying to take advantage of this app's functionality to notify Managers and above of pending Review Activities (i.e. people who are not analysts) within Service Manager.

This short of building a custom runbook that is constantly scouring and sending reminder notifications to said individuals.

Comments

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the reminder workflow?

I have never tested but the only downside I could think of would be a long workflow run-time while it builds out the group members and looks up what work items those members have active. I've seen environments where just the analyst group alone can take a a few hours to complete.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes for the reminder workflow - again, looking to take advantage of the reminder aspect of this so as to avoid writing some custom Runbook with SMlets along the lines of "Get me all the SRs with RAs in progress, whose type is pending manager approval, and then notify those reviewers"

But the timing/calculation of the whole group I could see as the major downfall to this approach so I may have to turn to custom PowerShell in that case.
  • Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I'm interested in this as well. We don't use the app yet but would be nice if it could send reminders to managers for forgotten untouched RAs. 
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adrian - i've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is I got this working (remind managers scenario above), the bad news is that I did it using the very idea I outlined.

Well...I suppose it isn't that bad of an idea i mean it works :smile: but it's an SMA runbook doing the work has very quickly required a lot of micro-management as it turned into "Remind managers only on these types of SRs, but not others."