Home My Active Work Items

MAWI 500 Work Items limitation - Load all

Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
Hi. After upgrading everything (SCSM 2016 + Cireson Apps) for a customer they are frustrated over the implementation of the 500 Work Item load limitation. I'm sure it got implemented for good reasons but they feel that they should be able to disable it and let it load everything like they where used to. Can you bring that option into the settings for MAWI? And my secondary question, is there a previous version for SCSM 2016 I can download that loads all Work Items?

Answers

• Donson_PhamDonson_Pham Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Morten, 

If your client like to see more than 500 grid view in the portal, they would be able to have that changed under Setting Items in the portal.  Logged in as Admin in the portal, go to Admin Settings > Setting Items, and scroll down until you see "GridviewRecordCap".  There you will see default at 500, you may change that to higher number.  

Reason why it is defaulted for 500 is that it is a safe number to pull into the grid without seeing sort of delay, depending on environment.  You may see some delay pulling in large amount of data into the view in some cases.  

• Morten_Aulie_PettersMorten_Aulie_Petters Premier Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I meant MAWI (Console app). Not portal.
    Ah, yes, for MAWI console.. does not bring in all views like how the SM Console.  You would need to click the yellow bar to view more items.  

Yes. The customer noticed that they can click on that, to load all items. But this is new right? Its a "Feature" as described in the release notes? Meaning it was not like that before. Thats the issue. 
    Correct, it is something that was not a feature in previous version.  
    edited April 2018
    And the customer I worked for did not like it. It would be logical in my view to implement this as an optional setting, instead of forcing it on everyone. 
    Agreed. I can bring this up to the Product owner and place a feature request for it.