Home Service Manager

Relationship change in a ticket to a new support group takes up to 20 minutes

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We've had a lot of analysts lately complaining about not having rights to save a ticket they had been assigned to via support group. I started to dig deeper into this issue and figured out the following:

- ticket gets created by the helpdesk; they insert the information, then select the correct support group and save the ticket

- support group gets mail notification almost immediately about a new ticket being assigned to them

- the relationship change to the support group with an Add, visible in history tab, takes place in between 90 sec and about 17 minutes

As long as this relationship change hasn't occured, a person from this respective support group is not able to save anything in the ticket. They can edit, but Save won't work. Some of the support groups work pretty fast and would like to solve the ticket as fast as possible, but they're not able to do so. Other groups haven't had this issue yet, they usually do not open a new ticket within 30 minutes. It mostly depends on the amount of tickets they get. Incidents and Service Requests both show the same issue.

What causes the issue for the relationship change taking between a couple of seconds and almost 20 minutes? All support groups are affected, we have 20 different groups. I've configured queues for each of the support groups to limit the incidents to each of the support groups. The only criteria in such a queue is the "Support Group equals xxxx". Service Requests all use a single queue.

Does anybody know this behavior and has a solution or workaround? Some of the analysts do understand the problem, others won't accept it. Thanks for your help.

Ingrid

Best Answers

Answers

• Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Justin,

thanks for the link. I've often read this article, but never got the idea to use it for real troubleshooting.

Even while all the workflows show in between 0 and 2 minutes behind, I found a workflow for incidents with the target System.WorkItem.Incident.Wizard.AutomaticChangeIncident where the PollingIntervalInSeconds was 100, the BatchSize 50. I changed the Interval to 60 and the BatchSize to 100 and will have an eye on it whether this solves the problem or at least decrease the amount of time for relationship change.

It would have been nice to find workflows that are far behind to explain the issue. On the other hand, I'm glad that the workflows seem to do pretty good in general.

Ingrid

Unfortunately, changing the values in the workflow mentioned above which was in an unsealed MP, didn't solve the issue. We still have tickets that take up to 20 minutes to be assigned to a new support group. All workflows are still doing fine. Any other idea how to find the culprit of this effect?

Ingrid

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have queues setup?
    Yes, as I've written in my first post. Each support group has a queue.

I've updated the 30sec to about 2.5 minutes and started trying to reduce the queues. So far, all tickets seem to change their support group relationship within 5 minutes now. It's a lot better than before and I haven't heard any complaints so far of people not being able to edit their assigned tickets.

I'll go over all my queues to figure out whether I can remove a couple more of them. Thanks for the hint.

Ingrid