Home Advanced Request Offering

When are "pending delete" items actually deleted ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi I deleted a bunch of location items. They no longer appear in the console, but in service request form queries they still show up. When will they be actually deleted ? Can I force this ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, top !
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not see @damon_mulligan's post before I published mine.  I had thought that there was a groom job for these objects.  If not, then my comment about an override would not apply, since there is no existing job to alter with one.
    These were items that could safely be deleted, so I did it manually from the console. Thanks both for your time and effort.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a warning and suggestion
    Keeping the deleted items trim really helps your relationship DB. but the warning is that if the SCSM Management servers get deleted (someone who will not be named analyst(Not me :) )) and then cleared from pending delete will break your farm. 
    We run a script on a weekly basis to make sure its trim but includes a variable to not delete the management servers. 
    See attached script we received from MS

Just update lines
    $doNotDelete = "*" # this should match your SCSM Management server such as "SCSM*" 

$RemoveItems = $False # Until this is set to $True it only pretends to delete the items 

$FileName = "\Deleted_Items_Removed.txt" # .txt is added later in the script 
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks @Tom_Hendricks for your input. Always appreciate community involvement.
    @Stephane_Bouillon There is on thing I would be careful about if you do create an automated job to remove. Make sure there is a check in there to not remove any Windows Computer CI's that are part of your System Center environment. I have seen 2 instances where for some reason the SCSM Server CI was deleted and removed. Which of course stopped everything from working.
    Noted, thanks again.