Home Analyst Portal

Customize Form / hide, add properties to fileattachments/actionlog

H_GerlingH_Gerling Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
hi,

is it possible to add or hide properties to standard controls like fileattachment/action log?

For Related Items there are some PropertyToDisplay settings for WorkItems for example, is this possible for attachments and/or action log too?

Best Regards,
Holger

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can copy e.g. Incident.js from CiresonPortal\Scripts\forms\templates\ to CustomSpace\ and edit it's content to select what to show. Read more here: https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/51#/
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I misunderstood your question, sorry.
    No, I don't believe there's any (supported) way of customizing the properties of the standard controls.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it would not be supported, but you could modify the controller file(s) that define the attachments or action log controls.  If you did that, your edits would be wiped out every time you update the portal (so you would need to re-publish your altered version after the update).  If Cireson makes their own changes to those files, you would need to merge your changes with theirs and your updated code could potentially fail depending on what other changes Cireson makes in later versions of the portal.

Having said that, I have done this to the work item search (at their suggestion) and am perfectly fine living with the caveats.
  • H_GerlingH_Gerling Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    yep, thats the point (supported way). by now the customer himself don't want to do this deep changes so there are no dependencies on new releases and so on.

maybe this will come in future, but i don't see this requirement that often - in my mind this is a training/ sensitisation topic for the customer (dear enduser, don't call the analyst directly, use the ticket/single point of contact)