Home General Discussion
Options

Second Portal for use of Knowledge Section

Stefan_ElstonStefan_Elston Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

We have a business unit which is wanting a second portal for the use of the Knowledge section.

Does anyone know how I would go about setting up a second portal and locking down the navigation so only the Knowledge section is seen? We would also like this business unit to have access to the "Analyst Content" with all other users only having access to the "End User Content"

Are there instruction on setting configuring this and if so can someone kindly point me in the right Knowledge Articles?

Thanks,

Hayden

Comments

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Hayden

Depending on the scenario and use case id be more inclined to push for it to be on the same portal.

But it would just be a matter of installing a new portal on a separate DB (change name from servicemanagement to something custom on the install). 

We dont have any instruction for this particular configuration but id be happy to help point you in the right direction if you want to have a live session. 

Let me know and I can open a ticket.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I'd be very interested in hearing how this turned out.  Were you able to build a second portal for your other business unit and just display knowledge content?  Thanks.