Home Analyst Portal
Options

Service Manager 1801

Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Good day,

I just want to check if anyone has upgraded to SCSM 1801 with the Cireson Analyst Portal installed? 

I have upgraded my test environment and have not noticed any issues.

I am on portal version 8.4.2.2016.

I have noticed a big jump in the standard SCSM MP versions from 7.5.7487 to 7.7.16.0 and was wondering if that might be an issue for some Cireson functionality.

Regards
Gerhard

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not seem to have made a difference with the portal.  I am noticing some issues with the SMA Connector, since upgrading, but only in one environment (others ran fine for weeks and with heavy usage).  I opened an IR ticket, so we shall see.
  • Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I am noticing some issues with the SMA Connector, since upgrading, but only in one environment (others ran fine for weeks and with heavy usage)...

What kind of issues?
  • Options
    It isn't holding the credentials, and the runbooks have no connector mapped.  This is after re-entering the creds into the admin settings and into the individual templates (including RB instances inside ticket templates). When I manually enter creds and re-map a runbook activity, it runs successfully.  It's just not getting saved with the connection and mapping.
    :worried:
  • Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is SCSM 1801 different than installing the update rollups? We recently installed SCSM 2016 Update Rollup 5. After that I tried to install the Authoring Tool 1801 version. It said we had a previous version of SCSM installed and cancelled the installation.
  • Options
    Is SCSM 1801 different than installing the update rollups? We recently installed SCSM 2016 Update Rollup 5. After that I tried to install the Authoring Tool 1801 version. It said we had a previous version of SCSM installed and cancelled the installation.
    I'm not sure what MS is up to. Why release an RU if you have committed to a YYMM type update structure.
    Also, I'm not sure what the difference is between RU5 and 1801. I suspect it is the same but the Authoring tool checks for a specific build number and fails.
    I tried to install the RU5 on my 1801test environment and it gave me a similar error than what you got.

M$, mysterious as always...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Gerhard_Goossens said:

I'm not sure what MS is up to. Why release an RU if you have committed to a YYMM type update structure.

You just beat me to that comment.
  • Options
    Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    1801 is the Semi-Annual Channel release with an 18-month support policy.

2016 is the Long-Term Servicing Channel with 5 years of mainstream support followed by 5 more years of extended support. 
  • Options
    1801 is the Semi-Annual Channel release with an 18-month support policy.

2016 is the Long-Term Servicing Channel with 5 years of mainstream support followed by 5 more years of extended support. 
    Ok, that makes sense, does that mean the two products won't have the same "Features" or will the RU's of 2016 try to cover the semi-annual YYMM releases to ensure that the two streams have the same features?