Home Analyst Portal
Options

Items not updating from console to portal

Herb_Winhoven1Herb_Winhoven1 Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi all,

I am new to Cireson and I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot because it's not just the analyst portal that is having this problem but whenever I update items in the console from icons to most recently, editing the promoted views, it never actually populates in the portal. I have refreshed the cache builder, restarted the browser, checked on other servers and nothing. I cannot get it to update. Are there any other tricks to getting these items to update? 

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Herb. First let me welcome you to the Cireson Community.

I think that by bad luck you've picked the two areas which don't refresh on CacheBuilder restart.

Changes to promoted views are not synced at all. Once you promote a view you actually get a copy of it in the portal. Changes made to it will not be reflected. You will need to repromote it instead. When you do this, it will notice that you already have a promoted view with the same name and ask you to confirm you are happy to replace it.

As for icons, these are tricky because updating the icon doesn't update the last modified date on the offering. The CacheBuilder uses these last modified dates to work out what has changed and therefore what to sync. To get around this you will either need to change another property on the offering, such as description as well (you can change it right back again after) or manually update the last modified dates in the Cireson Portal database tables (more advanced option).

Good luck

Geoff