Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.
Options

Small enhanced SendEmail App

Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

based on the original sendEmail Script from Cireson, I have created a small enhanced sendEmail app for the Cireson Portal by using the Exchange EWS functionality with some features.

There are only a few requirements:

• the user must have access to the Exchange EWS services (an Exchange Admin can help to enable this).
  • a few localization values have to be added to the Portal to enable multi language support of the script 
  • and finally, the custom.css has to be extend with a few settings.

The functionality includes using the Cireson Portal users as an "address book source" - so no typing of the email address and multiple file attachments with drag and drop, too.

(it is possible to use the users outlook address book – but this functionality is not implemented currently.)

The sent mail will be in the sent-items mailbox of the user - so no general sent-from address will be used.

The app was tested with on premise Exchange 2012 / 2016 and Portal 8.2.x.

Installation:

• copy the .js and .html file to a subdirectory named “RKSendEmail” within the customspace folder.
  • add the content of the RKSendEmail.css file to your custom.css file,
  • execute the SQL File (in SQL Server Management Studio etc.) to create the localization strings
  • adjust the following line in rksendemail.js (approx. line 568) with your Exchange EWS URL
     request.open("POST", "https://w2012r2mxs.roki.loc/EWS/Exchange.asmx", true);
  • and finally add this line to your custom.js file:
    $.getScript("/CustomSpace/RKSendEmail/RKSendEmail.js", function(){});

Limitation:

If the Exchange Server is in another AD Domain as the current user it could be difficult to use this script due to security restrictions – but if you have access to the EWS Frontend web.config file it is possible.

It is not tested with Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Solution (Office365 etc.) so far. 

Comments

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Way to rock @Roland_Kind !

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I look at this, the more impressed I am.  It's the little things that add up to a really nice experience.  Drag and drop attachments too?  Are you kidding?  Hasn't that been a portal feature request for approximately forever and 6 days?

Some nitpicks (really--this looks great and these are incredibly minor):
    - What about changing the order of the top row to "send button, lookup, TO/CC button, TO/CC field" instead of having the lookups over to the right?  I haven't tried it yet, so maybe it doesn't work as well as it does in my mind.
    - Change status to Pending?
    - How does it look on mobile devices?
    - On the subject of future functionality, user's address book is great, but I keep getting asked about signatures.  Even if we sent through SMTP as the service account, people on certain teams just want to add their signature to the end of the message.

This is awesome as-is, but maybe these thoughts will spur other ideas too.
  • Options
    Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thanks for feedback :-)

I have included using OWA signatures (and the related OWA Settings / auto-include for "new mails") as an enhancement and adjusted the layout  a little bit.

The signature can also be added manually by using the button on the right side of the message editor field.

Change status to pending should work for Incidents already.

Quick tested with IE, Edge, FF and Chrome.

Installation procedure remains the same as in the previous version

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ That. :)

Awesome update, @Roland_Kind!