Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Allow Icons to Be Changed for Knowledge Base Articles

Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Request for the ability to set custom icons for individual knowledge base articles to help identify them for end users so they are easily able to identify the category/type based on color/icon.
48 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Icon for all KB articles?
    Or the ability to change the icon for each KB article?
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I like to think I create pretty nice hand crafted SVG icons for my portal and have gotten really good feedback from the customers.

But then the KA icons shows up and makes me sad.

So I would prefer custom individual icons per KA please.

• Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I like to think I create pretty nice hand crafted SVG icons for my portal and have gotten really good feedback from the customers.

But then the KA icons shows up and makes me sad.

So I would prefer custom individual icons per KA please.

Trying to keep my laughing under control in cubeland here after reading your response :)

Totally on point - looking for different icons per knowledge base article.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
     :D 
    I know the feeling well.

If anyone also knows the feeling, or agrees, please up vote so the product team sees it.
  • Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would like to use a different icon for KB articles - not necessary for them to all be different, but they should be customizable and in color.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on this - a lot of feedback I receive is "Why don't these icons load?" It seems a lot of people seem to think this is the 1995 failed image loading icon.
  • Rob_RRob_R Member IT Monkey ✭
    Even to be able to change the color only would be a nice addition. Being able to group knowledge articles by color would be useful and fit more in with our general theme
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The ability to use a diffirent icon for each KA would be awesome, and make the home pages that display Knowledge look far more appealing!!
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Any news on this request? That grey icon just makes the portal look bad.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that this FR has about half the required votes to make it, unfortunately.  More votes needed!
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We don't use the KB feature, because of the aesthetics are so bad we got tried of fielding complaints, questions, and comments regarding this. It's really embarrassing when presenting in front of 15 companies and the KB's are shown in a live demo and company leads think those are broken image icons.
  • Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is a huge thing for our CIO. He hates those "broken" looking KB icons. Please let us change it! 
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ok, so the icon that is being used is located at "C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Content\Images\Icons\Drawer\kb-white.svg"

So what I did is make a backup of the file and replaced it with a new one. :-)

I know this is not supported and will probably be overwritten with an update "like all the other portal settings..."

But it allows me to  make it look better. 

The result is:

• Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    @Gerhard_Goossens Might have to give this a try. Thanks! 

Overall, one of the biggest complaints that I received after launch was regarding the KB article icons. Eventually the decision was made to just use an alternate homepage that didn't feature icons. 
  • GordonGordon Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Come on now, it's about time we at least had a response from the product team? This is really very poor aesthetics, and as someone about to start heavily leveraging the portal, the ability to add a customer icon for End Users Content view at the very least, would be phenomenal
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bump*

And the product team response is....?

Also: great suggestion from @Gordon that I would hate to see get lost in the shuffle.
  • Mikkel_MadsenMikkel_Madsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

"bump" 😀