Home Analyst Portal
Options

I have a request offering failing in Cireson Portal, but it works for in SCSM Portal.

Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi.

I made a request offering that seemed to work fine when testing, but it seems you get a "Unathorized" message when saving unless you are an analyst. Meaning it doesnt work for enduser.

I thought it was a permissionissue, but it turns out that it works fine in SCSM Self Service Portal.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It’s permissions

In your template is there any related CI’s in the SR, RA or RB?  

In the Cireson portal users must have edit rights to CIs otherwise submits will fail since they will not have the right to create a relationship. 

Due is to this in my environment I give everyone edit rights, and not to worried about that as I don’t provide them access to any forms to edit them. 
    HTH

Answers

• Options
    Do you have a configuration item question made thru a query results option?
  • Options
    No.

The requestinput has 2 textfields the user would enter information into.
    The template contains 2 RAs and 1 Runbook Activity.

Any thoughts as to why it works in SCSM Self Service Portal but not Cireson?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    It’s permissions

In your template is there any related CI’s in the SR, RA or RB?  

In the Cireson portal users must have edit rights to CIs otherwise submits will fail since they will not have the right to create a relationship. 

Due is to this in my environment I give everyone edit rights, and not to worried about that as I don’t provide them access to any forms to edit them. 
    HTH

• Options
    Hi.

No related CIs that i can see but granting end users edit on all CIs fixed it anyway.

Thanx!
  • Options
    Radek_NovakRadek_Novak Member IT Monkey ✭

We recently solved a similar problem after upgrading the Portal and the Advanced Request offering addon. End users in the portal could not save the request (eventlog: insufficient rights), while analysts could save.

The save error only appeared for SRs containing RB activities.

We solved this by creating a new RB template and mapping this new one in the SR template, instead of the old one.