Home Analyst Portal
Options

Automated notifications from portal.

Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We need a way to 'automatically' notify multiple people on certain requests.   I'm wondering if we can include the 'watch' list in the list of recipients?   Has anyone tried this?   That way, we can tell people to add themselves, or be added to the 'watch list' if they want to receive updates on the request.

Answers

• Options
    Robin_WaarsenburgRobin_Waarsenburg Customer IT Monkey ✭
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/54/requested-by-user-extension : Ahh I've seen this article before, now 2 years old. I suppose I could try this. 
  • Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jason_Meyer
    Since the watch list is specifically a portal feature, it can't be used in SCSM subscriptions.  However with an orchestrator runbook and some API calls, you should be able to have a notification sent to watch list users.  
  • Options
    Robin_WaarsenburgRobin_Waarsenburg Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Oh I'm sorry, I replied in the wrong thread!
  • Options
    Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks Justin, are there any other mechanisms within Service Portal to notify multiple people?   In a large organization some requests require a lot of staff awareness.   The Primary Owner field sort of works, but is only available on IRs.  The 'watch list' seemed like the most appropriate area to trigger notifications off of.