Home General Discussion

New Cireson Downloads page

Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Dear Cireson folks!

Two quick items:

1) The tweet from 5/22 says the PowerShell Activity 8.1.1 is available, but you still show the old 8.0.2.
2) Please, please add Last Updated to the entries.  I don't know the versions of all my software and I don't want to click one by one.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second the request to add the dates back.  I used the dates more than the version numbers also, and feel a bit lost without them.

To put this more in context here are the top 3 features of the site ranked in order of importance (1 is most important):
    1. Ability to download software
    2. Last Updated date next to the software
    3. Direct links to release notes

It's not that I never look at the version number or use it for occasional comparisons, but it doesn't mean as much to me as a customer as it probably does to the Cireson product team.  The date, on the other hand, immediately lets me (as a customer--I again suspect that we see this differently, for a multitude of legitimate reasons) know whether I am current or not for a particular product, without having to look it up in my environment.

Bring it back, please!

• Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    yeah, the updated date is very convenient for taking a quick glance at what apps have been updated since my last refresh in production
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Brian

Thanks for your feedback, I have removed that tweet as was auto sent a little early. Will pass on the feedback RE Last Updated dates to the team.

Cheers
    Joe
    @Joe_Burrows
    On the new page, where are previous versions of the portal stored? Or is that not an option any longer? I just had some issues upgrading to 8.6 and would like to test 8.5 
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Rob

Its currently not an option, however the download links to earlier versions can be provided via support on a case by case basis if needed.

Cheers
    Joe
    @Joe_Burrows
    OK thanks. I have a support ticket submitted already. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. Thanks!
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming. The new design allows us to make changes very quickly based on feedback. As of today, you will see the updated dates under the system center versions again.
  • Brian_WinterBrian_Winter Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Sweet!
    First of all, thanks for bringing the dates back!

Something else I just happened to notice, and I am unsure if this was intentional or not: the lifecycle management app appears to be part of the Service Management bundle now.  Doesn't it still require separate licensing?
    First of all, thanks for bringing the dates back!

Something else I just happened to notice, and I am unsure if this was intentional or not: the lifecycle management app appears to be part of the Service Management bundle now.  Doesn't it still require separate licensing?
    It should not require 'separate' licensing but should work with your service management license.
    It does not work with my service management license.  Should I contact the sales team, or would it be better for me to open a ticket?

Before posting my original message, I attempted to run the app and the message I received was something along the lines of "this is a valid license key but does not include this product."  I didn't intend to veer off-topic here.
    It does not work with my service management license.  Should I contact the sales team, or would it be better for me to open a ticket?

Before posting my original message, I attempted to run the app and the message I received was something along the lines of "this is a valid license key but does not include this product."  I didn't intend to veer off-topic here.
    Yes, please contact the support team so we can get this rectified for you!
    Just to wrap this up for other readers, my Production license key definitely does include this app.  I had installed it in a lower environment just to kick the tires, and I used that key.  It makes sense if you think about it, but I didn't at the time.  :)
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    My biggest frustration on the downloads page is finding the version history for the applications. 
    My biggest frustration on the downloads page is finding the version history for the applications. 
    Nick, can you explain this a bit further? You are looking for a list of past versions to download, or just the release notes for each version?
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The release notes for each version. The Service Manager Portal, for example, has two buttons (Release Notes and Version Details). Release Notes goes to a page with the latest few versions. Version Details takes you to a knowledge article and then you have to click on Release Notes there to see the older versions.

It just took a bit longer to hunt down everything I needed to go from 8.2.2 to 8.6.1
    Thanks for the feedback, Nick. This will get easier as we move forward as all the release notes are contained in one place and in a more intuitive way. We are also looking at adding a previous versions page in the future, but as we fix bugs in every release, for support reasons moving backward is not ideal so we want customers to reach out to support for older versions at this point.