Home Analyst Portal

Restrict Dates to After a Specified date in a Request Offering

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi

I've come across an issue with a customer whereby a user who was completing a new starter form was able to select a leave date before their start date.

I understand there's nothing which can be done from a request offering perspective but am wondering if it is possible to take the start date field using some customjs and overwrite the earliest date option for the leave date?

Answers

• Darren_OLearyDarren_OLeary Customer IT Monkey ✭

Assuming that the form has the Date/Time picker control for the start and leave dates, the picker can be configured in the ARO to only display dates X number of days from the user's current date and up to Y number of days thereafter.

Therefore, when the user is completing the request, the available leave date to select from would always be a future date.

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We have already done this, but the leave date can be before the start date as all we're doing is limiting the available date range based on the users local time. I.e. if the earliest date I can pick is 7 days from now there is nothing to stop me picking a start date 14 days from now and a leave date 7 days from now.

What would be good in this instance would be the ability to take whatever start date is selected (which is based off the users current time) and then set the leave date's earliest time as the selected start date.
    I'm assuming this can be performed with some customjs
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    there is an option in the RO_Toolbox for having a 2nd date field only allowing entries after the date entered in the first field.

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Jeff_Lang said:
    there is an option in the RO_Toolbox for having a 2nd date field only allowing entries after the date entered in the first field.

Thanks Jeff. Will take a look and see if I can get it working