Home User Device Affinity

Permissions?

Neal_HarperNeal_Harper Customer IT Monkey ✭
Great idea with this app! I've had an initial play with it... Are there any permissions requirements? I can browse/view SCCM data, it shows as if there is no UDA data associated with my devices, but I have many (most are User Agent Defined). If I manually add a UDA association (Administrator Defined), this appears in both the UDA app and SCCM console, but if I manually add in the SCCM console, this does not show in the UDA app.

Comments

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Neal,
    Thanks for your interest in the app, glad you like it. For permissions, they should be covered in the PDF that came in the download, but here they are:

User Device Affinities class:
    * Read = lets you view UDA relationships
    * Modify = lets you launch the editor to manage them
    * Create = lets you establish a user to device relationship
    * Delete = lets you remove a user to device relationship

I just verified that I could manually add a relationship in the Configuration Manager Console, and it appears properly in the UDA App. Let me know if this helped or not.

Wally
  • Neal_HarperNeal_Harper Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Wally, I've kept on trying with this over the last few days and now managed to get the relationship to work between the console and the UDA app, so it appears to be working! I'm a full config mgr admin so I didn't think there should be any permissions issues. I guess the usual "wait and see" rule with SCCM applies here :) 

I look forward to working with the app and to see what you do with it in the future!
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great, please do let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on the app. A new one is coming later this month - so stay tuned :-)
This discussion has been closed.