Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Promoted Views issue

Just started using promoted views, noticing several information columns are not displaying correctly, just showing NaN.

Any one seen this before?

Answers

• Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi,

yes - as far as I remember, this was caused by using the wrong datatype in the xml file ...

e.g.

did not work:

<mux:Column Name="statusDisplayName" DisplayMemberBinding="{Binding Path=Status.DisplayName}" Width="100" DisplayName="SR_Header_Status" Property="Status.Ordinal" DataType="s:Double" />

work:

<mux:Column Name="statusDisplayName" DisplayMemberBinding="{Binding Path=Status.DisplayName}" Width="100" DisplayName="SR_Header_Status" Property="Status.DisplayName" DataType="s:String" />

using datatype "string" and "displayname" worked in the promoted view.

In the scsm console - both versions work ;)

hope this helps

• ajparkerajparker Member IT Monkey ✭
    Well no changes, I promoted some views yesterday and the show all info. Tried new ones today and the are giving the NaN, so didn't know if there was issues with something reading that info.. or what I could check.

hi, just one additional idea - did you "reset" your view in the portal ?

Sometimes it would also help clearing the browser cache, too

... and it looks like, that only "list values" are displaying NaN - are these entries "out of the box list entries?" or do you create own ones, do you use different languages ?

Not sure how to "reset" the view.. Did try different browsers to make sure it wasn't end-user issue. Also rebooted the server and promoted a new view, has same issue. Only 1 list is custom the rest are default. And still displaying correctly on Views promoted yesterday.
    Oh nevermind i see the reset view button, no change there.
    edited June 2018
    How did you create the view in the portal ? did you create a new management pack, did you check the management pack for the data types, e.g. compare the new views with the old ones working ? is the same list in the working view ?
    Created the views in the Console, all using the built in Service Manger Incident Management Configuration Library. 

btw: ... did you restart the cachebuilder ?

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    What method did you use to create the views in the console?  I think @Roland_Kind is on the right track here.  It looks like your view definition is pointing to the wrong property.  If you're using the Advanced View Builder it can cause this issue.
    I did use Advanced View Builder, but only the Copy View option, not to create or edit the view. 
    Would this cause an issue? Is having the management pack for AVB installed not compatible with cireson?
    Having the MP installed is ok.  But any promoted view that was created with Advanced View Builder isn't supported in the portal.  There's a list of promoted views that aren't supported in this KB article.  My recommendation would be to create the view manually without using the Advanced View Builder or use the Cireson View Builder.
    Would the Cireson View Builder allow to copy views? Im looking for a way to create the same view with just different location, for 40+ locations.
    Indeed Cireson View Builder does allow for copying.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes, the Cireson View Builder app has its own Copy View function. You can either copy out of the box views or a view you created from scratch using the Cireson View Builder.