Home General Discussion

Set Affected Configuration Item Required

Andrea_ZorziAndrea_Zorzi Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,
i defined the Incident Form customizing the "Incident.js" file. I inserted into the file the "Effected Configuration Item" field. 
<<
{
        name: "AffectedConfigurationItems",
        type: "affectedItems"
},
>>
I test this configuration:
<<
{
        name: "AffectedConfigurationItems",
        type: "affectedItems",
        Required: true
},
>>
but not working.

Is it possible to set this field as Required ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Robert_OsterbergRobert_Osterberg Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    so in what cases do you need this to be required? We have a solution when an incident i Resolved the affectedConfigItem is required. But we have it set to Business Service as that is what our reports are based on.
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Andrea_Zorzi , @Matt_Medley
    Did you get a resolution to this?  I have made the same changes but affected items still not required.
    Try this bit of code

@Robert_Osterberg
    thank you, I am trying to do the affected CI instead of Business Service, any Idea how to change to that from what you have?
    well al that code does it checks the grid for any item so you can just use it as is but it will also check if the status of the incident is resolved. and just remove the Scoped: true, to include other CI items as well 
    @Robert_Osterberg
    is there a way to implement this without adding the "Business Service" section and make the message  "Please Add Affected Configuration Item/s." display in the "Affected Configuration Items" section?
      It does work as you suggested by commenting out the "Scoped: true" but I would like for the message to appear further down the page where the Affected CI's are.