Home Analyst Portal
Options

Change Requests - If start date changes notify or trigger approvals again

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We have some approvals being done and then the implementer changes the start time and I wondered if anyone knows of a way to trigger a notification or to 'reset' the approval process, if the scheduled start/end date is changed?

If there is nothing in place it would be good to have the option to introduce something.

Answers

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certainly other ways of doing this, but we use a report.

For example, I have added "original" start/end and "approved" start/end dates to the CR class, for example.  I have an Orchestrator (soon to be converted to SMA) job that updates these fields when changes occur or change manager (only) approval is given, and the report shows when the dates do not match what is in the ScheduledStartDate and ScheduledEndDate fields.  This shows everyone rescheduled changes, but also gives the change managers a list to work from.

This could be automated, but requiring someone to put eyes on it and ask questions has been beneficial more than once.  You could easily send an email as part of the jobs, but it hasn't been necessary for us since reviewing the list is part of the process and the emails would just be more noise.

You could get fancy and add a new RA every time a re-approval was warranted and while this does have some benefits such as already handling the email and logging each successive approval in full detail, it could create a very heavy process.