Home Analyst Portal

Add Priority Columns To Views

Raymond_DidonatoRaymond_Didonato Customer IT Monkey ✭
Any chance I can do something to show the Priority field in the My Requests and Team Requests views?  My organization would like to have some color coding added to the CRs that have a certain priority and/or status.  I was able to do this just fine on the Active Work view, but I can only work with Status in My Requests and Team Requests.

Thanks!

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raymond_Didonato
    It's not possible to add a column to the OOB views.  But you could do a SQL Table Widget for a 'My CRs' view and include the Priority column.  I just used this query and got the color coding for Status and Priority:
    SELECT
          WorkItemId AS 'Id'
      ,Title
      ,c.DisplayString AS 'Category'
    ,s.DisplayString AS 'Status'
      ,p.DisplayString AS 'Priority'
          ,CreatedByUser
      ,LastModified
      ,Created

FROM WorkItem wi
       LEFT JOIN DisplayString p
    ON p.ElementID = wi.PriorityId
      AND p.LocaleID = 'enu'

LEFT JOIN DisplayString s
      ON s.ElementID = wi.StatusId
      AND s.LocaleID = 'enu'

LEFT JOIN DisplayString c
      ON c.ElementID = wi.CategoryId
      AND c.LocaleID = 'enu'

WHERE wi.WorkItemId LIKE 'CR%' 
      AND wi.CreatedByUserId = @UserId
  • Raymond_DidonatoRaymond_Didonato Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I will definitely take a look at this.  You could say that my SQL skills are a bit.. lacking.  I'm sure it's something that I could do a lot with if I knew it better.  In the meantime, I used JS to get the work items from the active work view and apply the styling based on the priority there to other views as needed.  Granted, even though I'm starting to be able to write these scripts, I still need to figure out how to make them execute more efficiently rather than at an interval.  Just seems sloppy.

Anyways, I'll check the SQL solution out because it seems like it'll help me learn something.  Thanks!