Home Analyst Portal

Colour Code VIP Incidents/Requests

2»

Answers

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The lack of consistency across portal pages is starting to be a pain. Script above works fine on active work and team work pages, there is a delay in the grid data loading on my work so the observer doesn't get bound.
    Any way around this? I've tried waiting for the grid to load instead of the $(document).ready which works for my work but then stops it working on initial load for the other 2 pages
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Alex_Marsh did you ever get this to work,  How are you setting the user to be a VIP?
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So we got around to deploying to production, disaster, far too sql intensive and ground the system to a halt, using the query and the get object.
    We've gone with putting in a workflow which sets the work item title to contain VIP then have the JS just read that and set it. 
    We've got a runbook which checks for modifications to a VIP group which sets a flag on an extended class property in SCSM
  • Alan_FosterAlan_Foster Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Alex_Marsh
    Hi Alex, I have implemented a similar resolution but it is becoming an issue with our SLA. 
    What I have is in service manager i am using the notes field to set the VIP status, then I have a runbook check if there is "VIP" is in the notes field then it sets the priority to 1.  I also have the Color code by priorities java script that sets the color.  What I would like to happen is to change the runbook so that it does not update the priority but just sets the color for affected user to red if the "VIP" is in the notes field.  Is that similar to what you are doing in your runbook?