Home Service Manager

Automate Actual StartDate/EndDate in Activities

Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I was wonder do you use the field Start Date and End Date in activity. We try do it manually by someone has to forget. 
I found ready workflows that can be usefull. We start using it so I can wrote how it looks, but in tests it looks good. Mayby you have experience with this?
Link to workflows:https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SCSM-Actual-Start-and-End-2c6d40e2

Best Answer

Answers

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Adam_dzacky does it works all well? I have problem with Skipped activities where it put end date same as start date. Ather this when try to save ticket SM Portal get an error that End date can't be earier. So need to search and change end dates.

Mayby you have solve this issue or change workflow that insert end date later than start date?

Have anyone get rig the problem with thsi workflow, that sometines the early end date?Or
    Or you built own?
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to have to look into this as I haven't observed this behavior. But entirely possible I could just be overlooking it.

But setting the End Date to the Start Date in the portal? That doesn't sound like it's an issue with a workflow but with form validation possibly on the portal? Since I haven't seen that, are you sure the template and/or Request Offering isn't possibly setting these values to something "impossible" ?
    For sure this problem is for skipped activities inside Parallel Activity.
    It looks that End Date is equal Start Date and the portal prompt error when you try save the request. Error: "Actual Start date should be earlier than End Date".
    Ther solution is to change the End Date +1 second. But there one thing. If you have 2 skipped activies you need only to change the End Date only for last one. For other portal don't prompt the error.