Home Advanced Request Offering

Emailing users on completion of SR when they aren't the Affected, Created, etc.

I have a request offering that is currently limited to managers so they can request access to a tool via the portal. I've been asked if it's possible to, on completion of the service request, to automatically send out a 'welcome/on-boarding' email to the end users that have been granted access. Currently those end users are being added to the User Input field and added as Related Configuration Items on the SR form by the ARO. It seems that Workflows aren't a solution because I'm limited to certain field for notifications and, so far, I've been unsuccessful trying to grab the requested user names via Notification Subscription. 
     Is this something others have successfully implemented? Am I missing something in the Notification Recipient config?Also, as a side note, I am using the RO Toolbox's @Multiselect functionality for choosing end users that need access. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just went through creating an RO, SR template, and PSA(script and activity template).  I was able to send an email based on picking users in the RO.
    Here's a screenshot of the PSA Template:

I've attached the script I used.  It's pretty rough, but it should be a start if you want to go down this path.

Answers

Could you add a Runbook or Powershell Activity to the end of the SR and let that handle the notification of the related users?
  • Rob_RadabaughRob_Radabaugh Customer IT Monkey ✭
    While it is installed currently, I haven't played around much with it. How would I capture the usernames entered by the manager so I can send an email via powershell? 
    If they're related CIs, I would pull the related users and get the email address and formulate a notification with Send-MailMessage.  This is very possibly the worst and clunkiest path, but it should work ;)
    OK, I'll have to play around with it and see what I can get working. Thanks
    Answer ✓
    I just went through creating an RO, SR template, and PSA(script and activity template).  I was able to send an email based on picking users in the RO.
    Here's a screenshot of the PSA Template:

I've attached the script I used.  It's pretty rough, but it should be a start if you want to go down this path.
    @Justin_Workman So I finally got around to messing around with this and actually got it working. One thing to note, in your Powershell script, the word 'address' was spelled incorrectly twice which took me far too long to figure out! /facepalm Thanks again for you help though, exactly what I needed! 

@Rob_Radabaugh Sorry about the misspelling  :# 
    I'm glad it worked for you though!