Home Asset Management
Options

How to get everything in All Hardware

Brian_VanDamBrian_VanDam Customer IT Monkey ✭
edited June 2018 in Asset Management
Working with a client that has VMware and SolarWinds MPs that have imported assets into respective Views in Config Items. How can I get these assets into the Cireson All Hardware View? 

Answers

• Options
    Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brian_VanDam - You'd have to create Hardware Assets for those items for them to be present in that view.  
  • Options
    Roland_KindRoland_Kind Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

As far as I know - assets have to derive from the system.device class - if not, I assume you have to create your own workflow.

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    In scenarios like this I've always created a custom powershell job that grabs items of a specific class then creates Hardware Assets. In doing so, you could control what properties get mapped where.

While originally a Feature Request, i uploaded a PowerShell script that converts SCOM discovered network devices to SCSM Cireson Hardware Assets here.
  • Options

Thank you all for the responses. So using the Cireson Excel App and/or the Asset mgmt Import Connector wont solve the issue? I have setup an Import Connector and it worked, just updated the SolarWinds View.  I guess because of the class, VMware and SolarWinds are not in the system.device class?

• Options

How about the best way to automate the creation of All Catalog Items?