Have side by side MS SSP and Cireson SSP and cannot see service request offerrings in Cireson SSP

John_LockettJohn_Lockett Partner IT Monkey ✭
We Have side by side MS SSP and Cireson SSP and cannot see service request offerrings in Cireson SSP only.  The error I'm seeing in the CacheBuilder.log is,

"Could not locate a template ID for request offering: [All products] Id: 64b49f0b-d86c-675b-870e-395f721078b3. Was looking for template name: CustomServiceCatalogTemplate. Target template metadata: 1|CustomServiceCatalogMP|1.0.0.0|CustomServiceCatalogTemplate||."  - And - "GetRequestOfferingRow failed with error: Unable to determine Template ID."

I would really like to get this fixed, because I do not want to use the MS SSP.

I was working with inherited Service Requests initially and built out a few requests that are working fine, but then I wanted to use a different method published by Andrew Barton to import via PowerShell to save time for larger numbers of requests.  The process works fine, but I can only see the request offerings in the Microsoft SSP.

Best Answer

Answers

  • John_LockettJohn_Lockett Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I found the issue right after posting this question.  The reason the template error appeared was that I needed to run "TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified" on the Cireson Database so that the cachebuilder would pickup the changes.
  • John_LockettJohn_Lockett Partner IT Monkey ✭
    I spoke too soon.  I'm having the same issue with a new request offering template and the above process does not seem to work this time.  I've dropped the Cireson database and reinstalled and it is still unable to pickup my custom template even though the MS SSP see all of the forms with no issues.  I'm back to the same error:

    "Could not locate a template ID for request offering: [All products] Id: 64b49f0b-d86c-675b-870e-395f721078b3. Was looking for template name: CustomServiceCatalogTemplate. Target template metadata: 1|CustomServiceCatalogMP|1.0.0.0|CustomServiceCatalogTemplate||."  - And - "GetRequestOfferingRow failed with error: Unable to determine Template ID."
  • John_LockettJohn_Lockett Partner IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks, flushing the cache did work.  I also found that the service request template I was creating with PowerShell was not set to portal as the source.  I did not realize that was a requirement as well to read the template.

    Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.