Home Analyst Portal

Dynamic Top Knowledge

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
As above really, is it possible to dynamically adjust the top knowledge articles based on who's logged in. For example there are certain articles that relate to a certain department application or process but not others.

I did have a look through how the articles are loaded but couldn't see method how to override it in code

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that could be done here is a stored procedure in SQL that runs on some interval, that calculates the most views and then sets the popularity based on that.

But in regards to run the Top KA based on who is logged in...as much as I operate in the realm of "anything is possible" this is going to be more than just a stored proc in SQL.
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought as it's all controlled from the SQL it would be significantly more complicated. It's a shame you can't have multiple KB's as that would solve this issue potentially
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Anything is possible" - indeed!  It sounds like it will take quite a bit of custom javascript.  At a minimum it will require some delimiting factor for the KB articles themselves.  My first thought is the keywords field since it's open and can contain multiple keywords.  Another path would be to extend Category or even Status and create some kind of view based on that value.  But you're still going to need a custom page to generate the differentiated view for each user.
    It seems like this is more complex than anticipated as I was hoping to hijack the the element which loads the top articles from the database and just have a if user = finance, show top 5 finance instead (or something along those lines). Didn't want to get into the realms of crafting custom KB pages for the customer as I sense it would be that well utilised. Something for the roadmap (multiple knowledge bases!) I think 
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a quick little POC on this.  I built a custom page that fetches group membership and queries for articles with the group name as a keyword.  

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is pretty awesome! If only my skills were up to that standard!