Home Analyst Portal

TabItem under default tabs in SSP

Martin_StrbavyMartin_Strbavy Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi Guys,
is it possible to add additional Tab list under existing tabs in SSP? SCSM console support this, but I am not able to set it correctly in SSP. Did someone try it?

I tried to add this to incident.js but not works like I hope (attaching result): 

Thanks
<div>/*********/</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; /** TAB **/</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; /*********/</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; name: "Major Incident",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; content: [</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;tabList: [</div><div>		/*********/</div><div>		/** TAB **/</div><div>		/*********/</div><div>		{</div><div>		        name: "General",</div><div>		        content: [</div><div>			{</div><div>			     customFieldGroupList: [</div><div>			     {</div><div>				name: "Something else",</div><div>				rows: [&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>				{</div><div>				      columnFieldList: [</div><div>						{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "Test", PropertyName: "RequestedWorkItem", ExtraProps: "UserName" },</div><div>					        { DataType: "String", PropertyDisplayName: "Alternat", PropertyName: "ContactMethod", ColSpan: 2, MinLength: 0, MaxLength: 256 }</div><div>							],</div><div>				},&nbsp;</div><div>				]</div><div>			}</div><div>			]</div><div>		}</div><div>		]</div><div>		},</div><div>		{</div><div>			name: "RCA",</div><div>			content: [</div><div>			{</div><div>				customFieldGroupList: [</div><div>				{</div><div>					name: "Something else",</div><div>					rows: [&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>					{</div><div>						columnFieldList: [</div><div>							{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "Nikdo", PropertyName: "RequestedWorkItem", ExtraProps: "UserName" },</div><div>							{ DataType: "String", PropertyDisplayName: "Alternat", PropertyName: "ContactMethod", ColSpan: 2, MinLength: 0, MaxLength: 256 }</div><div>							],</div><div>					},&nbsp;</div><div>					]</div><div>				}</div><div>				]</div><div>			}</div><div>			]</div><div>		}</div><div>		]	</div><div>	}</div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ]

Answers

• Martin_StrbavyMartin_Strbavy Member IT Monkey ✭
    I am sorry for code formatting  :/
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am understanding you correctly, you want to add another set of tabs to an Incident form?  If so, the answer is most definitely yes.

This KB article is the authority on the subject.  When it talks about the form structure, tabs are actually the first thing mentioned, although it is true that not a lot of text is devoted to adding new ones.

The forms are in JSON, which in layman's terms means that it is a list of objects (nearly all of which contain lists of other objects).  If you are using a text editor that outlines and allows you to collapse sections of text, you'll see that just like the form itself, each of the tabs contains two properties (a name and the content itself), and the tabs are enclosed in brackets and separated by commas.  All you have to do to add another tab is to add the same type of text after one of the commas (if adding before another tab, remember to put a comma after your new one!).  The easiest way to do this is to copy one of the existing tabs (the whole thing, or you will have a bad time) and then rename it, and delete/rename the duplicate fields to show the ones you want in the new tab.  After you have done this a few times, you will be more comfortable just writing new tabs from scratch.