Home Analyst Portal

Exposing Standard Fields

Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Where is the Cireson KB Article where I want to expose standard SCSM fields for analysts? Specifically I want to expose the RequiredBy field in service requests so that analysts can set that value.

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Christopher_Carver - I think you're looking for something like this:
    { DataType: "DateTime", PropertyDisplayName: "RequiredBy", PropertyName: "RequiredBy" },
    This article discusses how to customize the forms.
  • Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Thank you Justin, that was perfect solution. Now analysts can negotiate the completion of the service request and set an agreed OLA completion date.
  • Jeremy_WhalenJeremy_Whalen Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited December 2018
    @Justin_Workman Could this solution also be used on an ARO? According to @Nicholas_Velich on https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2868 ARO mapped fields are limited but I am unclear if that extends to simply exposing fields. In my case I need to be able to allow an analyst to enter an ARO and assign the resulting SR to either themselves or another team member. 
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeremy_Whalen - You're not able to add the AssignedTo relationship via an ARO without some other automation(ORCH, SMA, PowershellActivity, etc).  My approach would be to just add them to the Related or Affected relationship(as these are the only available relationships) and then let your automation parse through those relationships and add them as the Assigned user.  Another approach might be a custom boolean field for 'Assign to Me' and your automation could use that field as a prompt to add the Assigned relationship based on the 'CreatedBy' user.  I hope this helps!