Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Display Documentation tab in Release Records

We would like to have the Documentation tab on a release record display in the portal. We require our analysts to document their moves to production in this tab and it would be handy for the person executing said instructions to be able to view them from the portal instead of having to use the console.

Display only would be okay. Display and update would be great.

4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this be a form of KB article (HTML5 formatted) that would only appear in the Release Item?
    I also assume, if possible, editing is restricted to SCSM Admins, KB Authors etc?
    Would these KB\Release articles then be able to be reused in a template fashion for future release items?
  • Options
    Erik_SchmitzErik_Schmitz Customer IT Monkey ✭

I don't think it would really be a KB article... just a representation of the existing Documentation tab on Release Records (see image below)

Editing should be restricted to groups that have edit permissions on the Release Record itself.

I don't think they need to be reusable... I would imaging linking related KA's with repeatable instructionals using the related items tab. We use this Documentation section for steps pertinent to this specific release.

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I get it.
    That makes total sense and I agree that it should be part of the product.

Everyone please up vote this idea if you use Release Management!  :)