Home Analyst Portal

Subject Line of Email Templates

Brett_WeiszBrett_Weisz Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,

I am experimenting for the first time with email templates. I'd like to be able to create email templates for each of our helpdesk technicians signature lines as well as common replies for frequent incidents. When I select a template I've created, it changes the subject line to [IR####] SUBJECT. Where SUBJECT is what I've put in the subject field in the template. However, I'd like to be able to keep the incident title in the subject line. 

I've tested it and as it's still appending the [IR####] tag it appropriately attaches the email to the ticket and it's replies but I'd still like the continuity of the incident title in the subject.

Is that possible?

Answers

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to insert the title into the notification template.  Just select the subject field and click the insert button and select title from the incident properties.

• Brett_WeiszBrett_Weisz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I did try that but the Analyst portal doesn't recognize the string.

When the email arrives it's exactly as seen on screen.
  • Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.  Right.  That's correct.  I didn't realize that's where you were.  Those properties can't be used in the Send Email task in the portal at this time.
  • Brett_WeiszBrett_Weisz Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for letting me know.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there is lots of demand for this feature, in case anyone is wondering!  Variables in outgoing emails == good.