Home Analyst Portal

Ticket not appearing in Active Work items after creation via Runbook...Failed message

Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Analyst Portal
Since the beginning of week, out of the blue, every time a ticket gets created via Runbook, it doesn't appear in the portal. In the SCSM console it is there but in the portal i get a Failed when i navigate to the ticket via link and it is not in the active work items page. The only way to fix it is to use the truncate method of last modified and restart the cache builder. But then it happens again on the following ticket. I have rebooted the SQL server and SCSM server but still no change and i dont know where the problem could be. I have looked at the Cachebuilder, WEbConsole and SQL error log and i see nothing. Event viewer on both machines doesnt show anything  either...

Best Answer

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't see anything indicating a failure to sync.  Maybe it's time drift between cachebuilder and SQL and/or SCSM?  If they get out of sync, the LastModified Date may always be in the future therefore the cachebuilder doesn't see the need to sync it.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible you could share the runbook? Or perhaps the property hashtable you're using to create the IR/SR? I've never seen this issue myself, but for some reason I'm leaning with the idea that the Work Item is missing some defining element that Cireson may care about.

This is pure speculation, so I should add that I'm also not entirely clear where my head is at with this yet :)
  • Joshua_WalkerJoshua_Walker Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    The runbook has alot of pieces i dont know how i can share it...the funny thing is that the problem started on monday and these runbooks have been working for months.
    Where would i find the hashtable?
    Is it an SCO or SMA runbook?
    SCO
    Can you share a screenshot or list the fields that are used in the creation of the "Create Object" Activity that creates the IR/SR in that runbook?

Something like...
    ID: IR{0}
    etc. etc. etc.
    Another thing that just struck me - how long do you want to try to access it in the portal? I know that in terms of replication it's somewhere within a 30 second window.
    Another thing that just struck me - how long do you want to try to access it in the portal? I know that in terms of replication it's somewhere within a 30 second window.
    As quick as possible

Can you share a screenshot or list the fields that are used in the creation of the "Create Object" Activity that creates the IR/SR in that runbook?

Something like...
    ID: IR{0}
    etc. etc. etc.

Its a module that creates the Ticket based on a template

But dont forget as i said everything is created , just not showing up in the Cireson portal till i truncate and restart cachebuilder
    It sounds like maybe cachebuilder isn't bringing in work items properly.  Anything telling in the cachebuilder log?
    Answer ✓
    I don't see anything indicating a failure to sync.  Maybe it's time drift between cachebuilder and SQL and/or SCSM?  If they get out of sync, the LastModified Date may always be in the future therefore the cachebuilder doesn't see the need to sync it.

Omg there is a 2 min difference between the SQL and SCSM server. SQL is 2 mins behind. I will adjust it and see what happens
    @Justin_Workman

Thank you!
    Interesting.